Saturday, March 24, 2007

"He gets so jealous," she snickers, "When I talk about my conquests"
And I smile...

Looking into eyes and remembering the anger,
the sharp rage,
and flying cutlery,
Broken glass,
There goes my hat.

I feel old as I watch you now, dancing, laughing,
across the floor.
I remember many things
The peaceful, quiet moments,
forest scents, your rose perfume.

Sometimes, as I sit with you, and we discuss,
maybe the weather,
or perhaps chris,
I feel so natural again
Unshackled,
easily relaxed.

You called me your best friend, the other day
you know,
that kinda threw me off.
I'd gotten used
to the walls between us,
love.

I don't know if that can change,
But it's nice
to see you
here
Out in the pouring rain
Sharing a cigarette
on common grounds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->-->